Changing Ticket Prices
To manage ticket prices, click on the Ticket prices link in the Management panel of the Dashboard.The Ticket Prices tab allows you to set the pricing for an entire production, and also to set different prices for specific performances.
- Use the Select production drop-down at top to choose the production whose settings you want to modify.
- Then use the Select performance drop-down just below it to have changes apply as the default for all performances in the production, or select a specific performance to change only its settings.
- After you've changed one or more of these values, click on the Submit button to have the changes take effect, or click on the Reset button to cancel the changes.
Prices are presented in tabular form for editing, with the seat types arrayed across the top and the ticket types listed down the leftmost column.
After you've changed one or more of these values, click on the Submit button to have the changes take effect, or click on the Reset button to cancel the changes.
Types of Ticket Price Availability
The Availability column of the ticket price table contains a dropdown that lets managers choose who will be able to see and use the price in that line. There are three ordinary types of ticket prices:
- Public ticket prices are available to online shoppers and also to managers via the Manage seats tab.
- Comp ticket prices are only available to managers via the Manage seats tab. They are not visible or available to online shoppers. There can be only one Comp line per pricing table, and this is the only ticket type that cannot have a custom name.
- Office only ticket prices are only available to managers via the Manage seats tab. They are not visible or available to online shoppers.These prices can be $0 or other amounts.
- Balcony, Orchestra, General Admission, and Reserved are examples of seat types.
- Adult, Child, and Comp are examples of ticket types.
- Ticket prices named Comp (case sensitive) or which begin with the word Office (also case sensitive) will be invisible to online purchasers, i.e., available only in the box office For these ticket types, the word Admin will appear in the Limitation column at right. For Comp pricing, a zero must be put into each field in that row. Office must be followed by at least one other word (e.g., Office at door).
- Ticket types whose price is $0.00 cannot be made available online, except for Comp and Office only ticket types chosen via dropdown (see above).
- Renaming or deleting ticket types will not change the pricing of existing reservations.