Moving Seats to Different Sections (Reserved Seating only)
Important note: Seat editing is not something for you to do yourself if any seats have already been sold for any performance in the production, or even if you've just allocated seats to the box office or added box office holds. In any of those cases, email us instead of trying to do this yourself.
Assuming no seats have been sold, held, or allocated to the box office, here's how use the seat manager to change section names, or move seats from one section to another:
- Select the seats whose section you want to change.
- Click on the edit link that appears at the lower right of the chart.
- Click on the OK button in the box the warning is in if you still want proceed after reading the warning.
- A dropdown will appear below the seat status summary.
- If you want to change the selected seats to a section that already exists in the chart, choose the new section from the dropdown.
- If you want to add a new section, select New Section, the bottom entry in the dropdown, and then type in the new name you want.
- Click on the Change section link to complete the edit, or the Cancel change link to cancel the edit.
Click here for help on selecting seats.
Note on Specific Sections
Two pre-defined section names have specific meanings:
- Seats of type Removed show to purchasers as Unavailable and cannot be purchased online or via the box office. Use this type instead of box office allocations or holds if the seats are going to be unused for a long period of time. If they're gone forerer, contact us and have us actually remove them from the chart.
- Seats of type Accessible should be allocated to the box office so that people who don't need them don't purchase them online by mistake.